This policy describes how Livil treats your information, not how other organizations treat your information. If you are using Livil in a workplace or on a device or account issued to you by your employer or another organization, that company or organization likely has its own policies regarding storage, access, modification, deletion, and retention of communications and content which may apply to your use of Livil. Content that would otherwise be considered private to you or to a limited group of people may, in some cases, be accessible by your account owner. Please check with your employer, team owner or administrator about the policies it has in place regarding your communications and related content on Livil.
Information we collect and receive
We collect different kinds of information. Some of it is personally identifiable and some is non-identifying or aggregated. Here are the types of information we collect or receive:
Account and profile information. The only information we require to create your Livil account is an email address and password. Optional information you can enter into your profile includes information such as your first and last name, what you do, your Skype username, and your phone number. Any information you add to your profile is visible to other people on your team as described on your profile management page.
Billing information. If you purchase a payable version of Livil, our third party payment processors will collect and store your billing address and credit card information.
Log data. When you use Livil, our servers automatically record information, including information that your browser sends whenever you visit a website or your mobile app sends when you’re using it. This log data may include your Internet Protocol address, the address of the web page you visited before coming to Livil, your browser type and settings, the date and time of your request, information about your browser configuration and plug-ins, language preferences, and cookie data. Log data does not contain message content and is not routinely deleted.
Device information. In addition to log data, we may also collect information about the device you’re using Livil on, including what type of device it is, what operating system you’re using, device settings, unique device identifiers, and crash data. Whether we collect some or all of this information often depends on what type of device you’re using and its settings.
Geo-location information. WiFi and IP addresses received from your browser or device may be used to determine approximate location.
Livil usage information. This is information about which people, features, content, and links you interact with within Livil and what integrations with related services you use.
Service integrations. If you integrate with a service on Livil we will connect that service to ours.
- We do not receive or store your passwords for any of these services.
- If you add an integration, the third party provider of the integration may share certain information about your account with Livil. Livil is not responsible for how users may use and collect data through integrations.
- An integration can be removed at any time. Removing an integration unbinds that integration on a go-forward basis. That does not, however, delete the content that was received from the integration and indexed within Livil. That content must be deleted manually.
Communication content that you send and receive within Livil. This includes:
- Comments on items (e.g. a comment left on a file that you share with externals).
- When messages or files were sent and by whom, when or if they were seen by you, and where you received them (in a channel or direct message, for example).
Information from partners or other 3rd parties. Livil may receive information from partners or others that we could use to make our own information better or more useful. This might be aggregate level information about which IP addresses go with which zip codes or it might be more specific information about how well an online marketing or email campaign performed.
Processing Personal Information
We have a legitimate interest to process your information for the specific purpose of enabling this product, as it is outlined on our marketing pages
We are only collecting and using the information that is necessary for this purpose.
We will keep your personal information only as long as it is necessary for this purpose. We will keep it until you either delete your account or have been inactive for more than 3 years.
You have a right to a copy of the data (right to access personal data) and other basic rights in the field of data protection (see complete list of rights here: https://ec.europa.eu/info/law/law-topic/data-protection/reform/rights-citizens/my-rights_en);
You have a right to lodge a complaint with a Data Protection Authority (DPA), and you have a right to withdraw consent at any time.
International Data Transfers Privacy Shield
We may transfer your Personal Data to countries other than the one in which you live.
We align ourselves to the safeguards outlined by the Privacy Shield here (https://www.privacyshield.gov/welcome) if we transfer Personal Data originating from the European Union or Switzerland to other countries not deemed adequate under applicable data protection law.
Processing Your Connected Information (from service integrations)
After our automated systems have indexed your connected information and extracted keywords (to enable the search feature we remove the originals from our servers.
We cache the connected information to save having to re-sync or re-fetch an email every time a user wants to view it.
We clear that cached data (and thus any trace of your connected information) when the integration is removed from our system via the Integrations page.
An integration can be removed at any time also on the side of the service provider. Removing an integration unbinds that integration on a go-forward basis. That does not, however, delete the content that was received from the integration and indexed within Livil. Third party providers like Google don’t notify us of revoked access so we can’t act on that. That content must be deleted manually by removing your integrations on livil or by deleting your livil account.
Cookies are small text files sent by us to your computer and from your computer to us, each time you visit our website. They are unique to your Livil account or your browser. Session-based cookies last only while your browser is open and are automatically deleted when you close your browser. Persistent cookies last until you or your browser delete them or until they expire.
Some cookies are associated with your Livil account and personal information in order to remember that you are logged in and which teams you are logged into. Other cookies are not tied to your Livil account but are unique and allow us to do site analytics and customization, among other similar things. If you access Livil through your browser, you can manage your cookie settings there but if you disable all cookies you may not be able to use Livil.
Livil sets and accesses our own cookies on our company-owned domains. In addition, we use 3rd parties like Google Analytics for website analytics. You may opt-out of third party cookies from Google Analytics on their websites. We do not currently recognize or respond to browser-initiated Do Not Track signals as there is no consistent industry standard for compliance.
How we use your information
We use your information for the following:
Providing the Livil service. We use information you provide to authenticate you and deliver message content to you and from you.
Understanding and improving our products. To make the product better we have to understand how users are using it. We have a fair bit of data about usage and we intend to use it many different ways to improve our products, including research. This policy is not intended to place any limits on what we do with usage data that is aggregated or de-identified so it is no longer tied to a Livil user.
Investigating and preventing bad stuff from happening. We work hard to keep Livil secure and to prevent abuse and fraud.
Communicating with you.
- Solving your problems and responding to your requests. If you contact us with a problem or question, we will use your information to respond to that request and address your problems or concerns.
- In-product communications. We may use the information you provide to contact you through in-product messaging tools.
- Email messages. We may send you service and administrative emails, such as when we notice that you are nearing a message or integration limit. We may also contact you to inform you about changes in our services, our service offerings and important service related notices, such as changes to this policy or security and fraud notices. These messages are considered part of the service and you may not opt-out of them. In addition, we sometimes send emails to Livil users about new product features or other news about Livil. You can opt-out of these at any time.
When you use Livil, you have control over a number of things with respect to your own privacy and choices about how your content is visible to others or not.
- When you upload content, e.g. a document or a file, on Livil, you can decide where to share it and with whom.
- The browser you use may provide you with the ability to control cookies or other types of local data storage.
- Your mobile device may provide you with choices around how and whether location or other data is shared with us.
Sharing and Disclosure
There are times when communications and related content and other user information may be shared by Livil. This section discusses only how Livil may share user information. Organizations that use Livil may have their own policies for sharing and disclosure of information they can access through Livil. Livil may share information:
- With consent, to comply with legal process, or to protect Livil and our users. When we have your consent or if we believe that disclosure is reasonably necessary to comply with a law, regulation or legal request; to protect the safety, rights, or property of the public, any person, or Livil; or to detect, prevent, or otherwise address fraud, security or technical issues. If we receive a law enforcement or other third party request for information we will provide prior notice to the subject of the request where we are legally permitted to do so.
- Integrations. If you add an integration, Livil may share information about you or your team with the provider of the integration. Livil is not responsible for how the provider of the integration may collect and use your data.
About you with your organization.
- We may also share aggregated or de-identified information with our partners or others for business or research purposes. For example, we may tell a prospective Livil customer the average number of messages sent in a day or may partner with research firm or academics to explore interesting questions about workplace communications. Again, this policy is not intended to prohibit the disclosure and use of aggregated or de-identified data.
Livil takes reasonable steps to protect information you provide to us as part of your use of the Livil service from loss, misuse, and unauthorized access or disclosure. These steps take into account the sensitivity of the information we collect, process and store and the current state of technology. We follow generally accepted standards to protect the personal data submitted to us, both during transmission and once we receive it. However, no electronic or email transmission or digital storage mechanism is ever fully secure or error free.
Livil is not directed to children under 13. If you learn that a minor child has provided us with personal information without your consent, please contact us.
We may change this policy from time to time, and if we do we’ll post any changes on this page. If you continue to use Livil after those changes are in effect, you agree to the revised policy. If the changes are material, we may provide more prominent notice or seek your consent to the new policy.
Your Data Protection Officer (DPO) is contactable via email to firstname.lastname@example.org.
208 Mill Rd
Companies House: 08744847